Here you will find answers to common questions about effects and guitar tone:
- Buffalo FX Germanium Fuzz – How to use a Fuzz Pedal
- The Boss RV-3 Delay Reverb
- Use of Reverb for Guitarists, Part 2: Reverb used as an Effect
- Reverb for Guitarists, Part 1: a Sound Reinforcement Tool
- How to use Modulation Effects Part 3: The Chorus
- How to use Modulation Effects Part 2: the Flanger
- How to use Modulation Effects Part 1: the Phaser
- How to use a Delay, Part 2
- How to use a Delay, Part 1
- Using two overdrive pedals simultaneously
- Why isn’t my clean boost pedal increasing my overall volume?
- How to use a compressor for guitar
- In which order should I plug my effects?
- What is the difference between a distortion and an overdrive?
- Tone tips: boosting the volume of your solos in live situations
This post is also available in: French
2 thoughts on “FX FAQ”
I recently bought the new Randall Diavlo RD5C . It’s the first tube amp I ever own and it’s one lil beast am telling you, the gain on it is mental! I am wondering though what kind of pedals would you suggest I could use in front of it ?
If the gain is already quite high with the amp, maybe you don’t need a pedal in front? It depends what kind of tone you are looking for. If you need even more gain then a good overdrive pedal (Tube Screamer, Boss SD-1, etc.) is usually a good choice.